About TICD Library
The library is bestowed with extremely competent, approachable and innovative professional staff who works hard to satisfy users requirements. Since its establishment in 1963 the library has been striving to facilitate effective teaching, learning, research and knowledge exchange through the provision off excellence, flexible, diverse and user centred information services and resources in both print and electronic formats. The services we offer include borrowing and renewal of books, inter – library loans, reports and dissertation, local contents database (e-books), information consultancy and information literacy training etc. We are serving unlimited and you are encouraged to take full advantages of these services and resources.
The overall goal of TICD Library is:
Library Opening Hours
Monday up toFriday 08:00 am – 10:00pm
Saturdays, Sundays and other Public Holidays 09:00 am – 01:00 pm
- Books, including several e-Books
- Journals, especially online e-Journals
- Newspapers Daily(3) Weekly (1)
- All Current TICD Staff Members, Students and Participants
- Membership for the Outsiders will be Provided with the Permission of the Chief Librarian
- TICD E-LIBRARY is a powerful Database Reference System Accessible via offline local network. It offers a Variety of proprietary full text books/ Journals and Articles Publications related to the offered courses.
- KOHA is an Integrated Library System with a range of features including:
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) module which provides a simple and clear interface for library users to perform tasks such as searching for and reserving items and suggesting new items.
- Full catalogue module which enables library staff to capture details of all library items. It is MARC compliant, and also z39.50 compliant, meaning data entry and exchange will be greatly simplified.
- Circulation module which fully automates borrowing and item management, integrating with the OPAC so users can see which items they have outstanding, for example.
- Acquisitions module which assists librarians with both acquisitions and more generally with budget management. Serials management and reporting modules perform functions that their names would suggest.
Note: Consult the Library for Login Information
- Other Free Websites, eBook websites for Accounting, Career & Study advice, Economics & Finance, Engineering, IT & Programming, Languages, Marketing & Law, Natural Sciences, Statistics & Mathematics and Strategy & Management, easily accessible and downloadable for free with personal subscription.
- Show TICD ID, Library staff may ask visitors to show their ID at any time
- Maintain Silence and Discipline in the Library
- Some items in the Library cannot be Borrowed because of copyright laws (Dissertation)
- Switch off or Silence your Mobile Phone
- Do not Carry Eatables into the library
- Books taken from the shelves for consultation must be left on the tables
- Readers should handle library materials with care
- When Library Computers readers will be required to closely observe the Institute’s ICT Regulations and should strictly be used for learning purposes only
- Only take resources out of the Library that you have borrowed and Remember to return or renew them on time (as overdue date indicates)
- If the books are lost, Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition
- The Library is not responsible for any stolen or damaged personal belongings, Keep your belongings with you at all times. You are responsible for keeping them safe
- Remember Library staff are here to help if you have any concerns and always Follow the Instructions given