ABOUT Tengeru Community Development Journal (TCDJ)
TCDJ is a new peer reviewed Journal, which is sponsored and published by the Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD). It is registered by the Tanzania Library Services Board with International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 1821 – 9853 (print) and eISSN: 2665 – 0584 (online). The journal is published twice a year i.e. June and December.
TCDJ EDITORIAL BOARD:
Dr. Solomon S.MHANGO, Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD), Tanzania
Jackob Kilyamulya, Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD), Tanzania
- Prof. Innocent J.E. Zilihona, Institute of Rural Development Planning (IRDP), Tanzania
- Prof. Wakuru Maseka Magigi, Moshi Cooperative University (MoCU), Tanzania
- Prof. Baltazar Mlagara Lyamongo Namwata, Institute of Rural Development Planning (IRDP), Tanzania
- Prof. John Nshimba Jeckoniah, Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA), Tanzania
- Dr. Priscila Izar, Virginia Tech, College of Architecture and Urban Studies. USA.
- Dr. Emanuel Emilian Chingonikaya, Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA), Tanzania
- Dr. Christian Tobias Malamsha Kitala, Moshi Cooperative University (MoCU), Tanzania
- DR. Nawa Shalala Mwale, University of Zambia (UNZA), Zambia
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
The scope of TCDJ seeks to stimulate new thinking and ways of working on areas related but not limited to: community participation; community empowerment; resource mobilization and utilization; community development approaches and models; patriotism and national unit; community health and sanitation; social inclusion in poverty and growth process; urban-rural divide and change; rural-urban transformation; national development policy and legislative frameworks; governance and democratization issues; gender; HIV/AIDS; environment; natural resources; food security; climate change; social protection/child protection.
The Journal aims at providing the public, academicians, researchers, consultants and practitioners with a scholarly forum for an exchange of ideas and experiences of community development. Specific objectives of the Journal are:
- To fill the vacuum of relevant community development problems, theories and practices so as to boost a wider understanding of community development issues.
- To publicize information and knowledge of research findings and field experiences related to community development issues.
- To endorse knowledge and development research activities. skills through community
- To provide a forum for discussion on issues and problems related to principles, approaches and techniques of community development.
Submission of the manuscript
Submitted manuscripts will be assessed from editorial point of view, at first, and if found appropriate for publication, it will enter the peer-review process. To ensure unbiased review, referees will receive the blinded version of the manuscript. The corresponding author will then be informed of the evaluation along with the Editorial remarks. Authors of accepted articles will be asked to work on remarks and re-sent the manuscript to editorial team to finalize publication. Submit manuscripts as e-mail attachment to the Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. A manuscript number will be mailed to the corresponding author as soon as possible after receipt of the manuscript.
Editor in Chief
Tengeru Community Development Journal
P.O. Box1006, Tengeru
PHONE: +255 736210917 ext. 106
FAX +255 73260849