The Unit engages actively with the Institute community, soliciting its current and changing requirements in support of the Vision and Strategy in order to:
- meet users’ expectations and needs for high quality services in ICT.
- deliver those services effectively, efficiently and responsively
- develop and enhance close partnership with departments and other institutions so as to encourage the best working practice
- plan ahead cooperatively to keep pace with change in it providing leadership for innovation in ICT
The key objectives for the Unit
- implement strategies for improving ICT infrastructure and for support to teaching staff as well as involving the department’s staff in developing the new culture in ICT
- play a leading role in developing and implementing the Institute’s ICT/Information Strategy
- exploit the opportunities for the future Learning Resource Center to improve support for teaching, learning, and research
- Contribute to and enhance Institute initiatives in open and distance learning, lifelong learning, regional development, and other outreach services
- Improve service quality to students (e.g. inter-library loans, inquiry handling, registration for ICT services etc.
Improve robustness, the resilience of ICT systems in the Institute
- STUDENTS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (SIMS)
- BILLING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM (OAS)
- NETWORK SERVICES