Community and Gender Development
Department is aimed at developing and promoting capacities of the people to manage their community development programmes and processes; building and strengthening capacities of various actors in the field of community development.
This Department will perform the following functions:-
- To train community and Gender development related programmes at different levels and contribute to research, consultancy, information, documentation and dissemination of best practices in gender and development
- To collaborate with other institutions related to community and Gender development for information sharing and learning
- Assume the responsibility of planning, control and prepare periodic departmental academic and financial progress reports.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Institute academic policies and submit annual performance appraisal reports on all academic, administrative and non-administrative staff.
- Promote academic excellence in the teaching, research, consultancy and service programmes of the department and plan for the future of the department with regard to new programmes, new academic developments and the demands of future expansion.
- Foster co-operation and unity and maintain team spirit among staff and student in the department and ensure that members of staff are accessible to students and that student and staff treats each other with courtesy and consideration.
- Ensure that members of staff are available all time during office else their whereabouts should be known to peer/head of the department and allocate duties and workload equitably and in the light of the department’s objectives and plans.
- Recommend staff for promotion, for appointment, confirmation provided they are capable of contributing significantly to the department’s and Institute’s mission and goals.
- Developing, marketing, and conducting short courses
- Undertake any other related duties as may from time to time be assigned to him/her by the competent Institute author.
This Department will be headed by Head of Department