To provide quality financial management and Accounting services for the Institute.
This Department will perform the following functions: –
- To administer use of trust funds, investments, insurance and royalties
- To control capital and recurrent expenditure
- To prepare and answers timely payment of salaries and emoluments
- To maintain up to-date financial information on revenue and expenditure
- To oversee arrangements for the purchase of equipment and materials (other than furniture) required by the Institute including their effective use
- To oversee arrangements for the maintenance of an inventory of furniture and equipment held by the Institute
- To maintain up to-date and transparent Management Information System on all accounts at all levels
- To supervise work performance in the Directorate
- To prepare financial statements of income and expenditure in accordance to the Institute strategic plan
- To liaise with the Planning and Development office in preparing annual estimates, budgets and related financial matters
- To supervise periodical reporting of all income and expenditure transactions.
This Department will be headed by: Chief Accountant