RESEARCH, CONSULTANCY, PUBLICATION, AND GRADUATE STUDIES DEPARTMENT
Ensure promotion of policies, plans and programmes in research, publication, consultancy and short courses of the Institute. Also, overseeing the implementation of research, publication and consultancy policies, plans and programmes of the Institute and ensure that they are consistent with the mission and objectives of the Institute.
This Department will perform the following functions –
- To coordinate and oversee all research and publications functions of the Institute.
- To initiate, coordinate and oversee the development, marketing and implementation of short-courses, consultancy and outreach services
- To build and maintain deep relationships with existing and new clients to promote the consultancy services of the Institute
- To liaise with other Academic departments to develop and implement short course, training, research, consultancy and outreach activities.
- Dealing with academic disciplinary matters including plagiarism
- Promote academic excellence in the teaching, research, consultancy and service programmes of the department and plan for the future of the department with regard to new programmes, new academic developments and the demands of future expansion.
- Foster co-operation and unity and maintain team spirit among staff and student in the department and ensure that members of staff are accessible to students and that student and staff treats each other with courtesy and consideration.
- Ensure that members of staff are available all time during office else their whereabouts should be known to peer/head of the department and allocate duties and workload equitably and in the light of the department’s objectives and plans.
- Recommend staff for promotion, for appointment, confirmation provided they are capable of contributing significantly to the department’s and Institute’s mission and goals.
- To perform any duties as may be assigned to him/her by his/her superiors.
This Department will be headed by Head of Department