All manuscripts should focus on the scope of the Journal.
1.2 Instructions to authors
1.2.1 Originality of work
The manuscript should be own original work and neither previously published nor being in the process of being published by another publisher
- The TCDJ administration encourages electronic submissions in any standard editable formats including Ms Word.
- The acknowledgement receipt note will be sent to the corresponding author to confirm that his /her manuscript has been received by TCDJ authorities
- Manuscript will be encouraged to be submitted through: – specified official email address, postal address and provision of enquiry line for further information in the editor-in-chief‘s office.
- The manuscripts should not exceed 12 pages including abstract, tables, figures, references, and appendices. Illustrations such as tables, figures should not exceed a total of ten (10).
1.2.3 Reviewing process
- Each paper will be reviewed by the editor and he /she has the responsibility for deciding ,based on officially laid down criteria ,whether the paper is to be accepted ,rejected or referred back to the author for amendments .The author will be informed about the decision made and reached by the editorial Board.
- Authors are advised to observe deadlines set upon incorporation of comments. For Major changes, a work shall be returned to the editor in chief after two (2) weeks and for minor changes, a work shall be returned after one week from the date the work is sent to the author.
- There shall be no submission fees during initial /beginning stages of this journal to encourage many authors(this will serve as a stimulus for promoting the Journal)
- For the purpose of safeguarding authors’ rights ,the copy right of the material published is vested in the TCD journal
1.3 Authors’ guidelines
British English is the official medium of communication in all manuscripts/articles
Manuscript(s) should be formatted & printed in A4 size ,font 12”,single- spaced, times new Roman, paragraph not numbered; a maximum of three level headings is required
Should be in Roman & Arabic numerically formatted to appear at the centre of the page
1.4 Manuscript structure
1.4.1 Title page
Should be brief and focused on the content of the paper containing authors’ full names & affiliations with indicated phone numbers, email address, postal address – all in bold form, except for authors ‘s names
should be both Informative and brief not exceeding 250 words in one paragraph (max. length).
1.4.3 Key words
Should not exceed five (5) key words which clearly explain the manuscript‘s theme & purpose
Text-Shall constitute introduction, methodology, discussions, conclusions and recommendations.
Findings and The authors’ manuscript submitted for review and publishing should constitute an acknowledgement of the people who contributed to the work, funding agencies in brief etc.
The TCD journal operates Harvard referencing style and all manuscripts are required to be formatted in this style accordingly: Books: Author, Initials., Year. Title of book. Edition. Place: Publisher. Redman, P., 2006. Good essay writing: a social sciences guide. 3rd ed. London: Open University in assoc. with Sage. Journal articles: Author, Initials., Year. Title of article. Full Title of Journal, Volume number (Issue/Part number), page numbers. Boughton, J.M., 2002. The Bretton Woods proposal: an in depth looks. Political Science Quarterly, 42 (6), p.564-78.
All tables whose size exceed one page should appear on a separate page, single–spaced, numbered in Arabic, headings and footnotes – all formatted in Ms Word
All figures whose size exceed one page should appear on a separate sheet, numbered in numerical order, high resolution graphics such as JPEG
Include appendices only if they provide essential information not possible within the body of the article