PROGRAMME TITLE: PRACTICAL WAYS TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
Venue: TICD Main Campus, Arusha-Tanzania
Learning Duration: 1 week
Starting: 04 Mar 2023 Ending: 08 Mar 2023
Fees for Foreigners: 350$
Fees for Locals: TZS 700,000
Payment Details: To cover tuition, training materials, lunch and refreshment
This training programme is designed to equip participants with the skills to be able to sensitively and critically design, carry out, report, read, and evaluate qualitative research studies. It is taught by qualitative research experts who have experience in using this method. It covers the full cycle of a qualitative research study, from: design, to data collection, analysis and reporting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is suited to a wide range of professions, including health professionals, postgraduate students, researchers, academia, lawyers, education officers, community development officers, and any interested fellow.
At the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand different methodological approaches to qualitative research
- Understand ways in which researchable research problems can be developed
- Understand the key issues around recruitment and sampling in qualitative research
- Practical experience in conducting in-depth interviews and running focus groups
- Developed skills to analyze qualitative data using a thematic approach, content analysis, and grounded theory
- Be able to discuss some of the ethical issues associated with conducting qualitative research
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
- What is a research problem? Decide what to research.
- Qualitative Research Designs and Traditions of Inquiries
- Sampling in Qualitative Research
- Qualitative data collection methods
- Analysis of Qualitative Data
- Ethics in Qualitative Research