COURSE TITLE: PARENTING AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT IN A DIGITAL ERA
Venue: TICD Main Campus, Arusha-Tanzania
Learning Duration: 1 week
Starting: 04 Sept 2023 Ending: 08 Sept 2023
Fees for Foreigners: 350$
Fees for Locals: TZS 700,000
Payment Details: To cover tuition, training materials, lunch and refreshment
The goal of parenting is to ensure child welfare, and transfer of positive cultural values, norms and morals that shape the general society. In addition, the goal of parenting for a child welfare is to identify the best practices and mechanisms that can be implemented to enhance parenting for a child development, to prevent and combat violence against a child. Therefore, this training programme intends to strengthen capacities of Social Workers, Community Development Officers, Primary and Secondary Education Officers, Primary and Secondary Teachers, and Child Care Centres Officer/Managers, on best parenting practices and legal issues for child protection.
Middle and senior level officers in a Districts Councils include Social Workers, Community Development Officers, Child Care Centres officers, religious and traditional leaders, and Secondary and Primary School teachers.
At the end of this training programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of parenting;
- Understand the implications of socialization in child welfare;
- Understanding legal aspects under child protection
- Employ the parenting best practices to enhance child welfare;
- Apply digital mechanism in prevention and combating violence against children
- Meaning of a parent, a child, Socialization, and parenting.
- Child Development and Responsibility of society in parenting
- Legal aspects in child welfare
- Responsibilities of child to parent and responsibilities of parent, society to a child
- The influence of socialization and parenting on child development
- Parenting best practices
- Mechanisms to prevent and combat violence against a child
- The influence of digital development in raising a child.