COURSE TITLE: MANAGEMENT OF GENDER DESKS AND CHILD SAFETY COMMITTEES
Venue: TICD Main Campus, Arusha-Tanzania
Learning Duration: 1 week
Starting: 08 Jan 2024 Ending: 12 Jan 2024
Fees for Foreigners: USD 350
Fees for Locals: TZS 700,000
Payment Details: To cover tuition, training materials, lunch and refreshment
The purpose of this course is to equip participants with knowledge and skills that can help them in addressing women’s and children’s issues without harm. The course intends to promote professionalism during designing, implementing and evaluating interventions that are directed towards women and children’s welfare.
The course is suited to a wide range of professions, including child protection practitioners from civil society organizations, children’s homes, and orphanages, social welfare officers from councils, teachers, researchers, community development officers, and police gender desk officers.
LEARNING OUT COMES
- Understand legal and cultural definition of “who” is a child
- Understand gender desk and its operational procedures
- Understand the formal and informal child protection mechanisms
- Practical examination of parenting styles and its consequence to child development
- Equipped with practical ways of dealing with children’s and women’s cases of abuse
- Gender and children’s desks: definition, rationale and functions
- Legal frameworks on child protection
- Identification of protection mechanisms
- Understanding best interest and best practices on child protection
- Challenges and recommendations for Gender and Children Desks.