Gender and Community Development
The department was established in 2003. The programs under the department was Diploma in Gender and Development, now Bachelor degree in Gender and Community Development.
- To ensure that gender and development programs are conducted in relations to the institutes’ mission and vision while upholding the expectations of participants.
- To collaborate with other departments in ensuring that programs are in line with the national and International standards.
- To contribute in research, documentation and dissemination of best practices in gender and development.
- To participate in national and International forums related to gender and development for information sharing and learning
Consultancy, Research & Community Engagement
Apart from teaching, the department conducts researches that have community comparative advantages. Do consultancies to various Institutions both public, private and Civil Society Organizations through request and biding. Also it does engage with the community so as to provide technical support to problems facing the communities.
The near future plans of the department are articulated in the Institute strategic plan 2017/18-2021/22 but some include:
- Establishing lower programs in Gender and Development ( Certificates and Diploma)
- Establishing strong networking and collaboration with like -minded institutions and communities.
- Have requested recruitment of four teaching staff: two lecturers and two assistant lecturers