COURSE TITLE: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT STRATEGIES
Venue: TICD Main Campus, Arusha-Tanzania
Learning Duration: 1 week
Starting: 11 Dec 2023 Ending: 15 Dec 2023; Application deadline: 4 days before starting date
Fees for Foreigners: USD 350
Fees for Locals: TZS 700,000
Payment Details: To cover tuition, training materials, lunch and refreshment
In today’s interconnected world, community engagement isn’t just a strategy – it’s a necessity. This course is designed to empower you to transcend traditional boundaries and forge authentic connections that uplift communities and drive real change. Whether you’re facing urban challenges, rural development, social innovation, or grassroots initiatives, our inclusive short course will empower you with the skills you need to face diverse contexts with confidence.
Community leaders seeking to amplify their influence and create collaborative networks; Development professionals aiming to refresh engagement strategies and maximize project outcomes; Project managers eager to foster community ownership and long-term project sustainability; and anyone passionate about making a genuine difference through effective community interaction.
LEARNING OUT COMES
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the significance of community engagement in fostering sustainable development.
- Identify and select appropriate community engagement methods and tools in specific project goals and different community contexts.
- Design and implement well-rounded engagement strategies that foster collaboration, inclusivity, and active participation among diverse stakeholder groups within communities.
- Analyze potential challenges and conflicts that may arise during community engagement initiatives, and apply problem-solving techniques to address them while maintaining ethical and respectful practices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their community engagement efforts
- Introduction to Community Engagement
- Key Community Engagement Methods
- Building Trust and Collaboration
- Overcoming Community Engagement challenges and Adapting Strategies
- Evaluating Impact and Ensuring Sustainability